Tuesday 31 January 2012

Jan 31 Stone

Today my friend slept too much and too long.  He will not wake again. It came, as an asteroid hits the earth, not unexpected but no less destructive for our anticipation.  I shall miss the companionship of an uncritical, trustworthy and trusting presence in my life.  He could keep secrets and never tell.  Always welcoming when we met again, he never showed resentment at shortcomings.  Unconditional affection was his to give in abundance and he loved us all.  My old friend, my dog died today.

Last stone of the month of the river:-
Reading so many wonderful stones each day in the last month has been a privilege for which I am very grateful. I have admired the writing, laughed at some things, shared sad or worried feelings at others. Thanks to everyone. Especially to everyone who has organised. Thank you for letting me be part of this experience. H

No comments:

Post a Comment