Sunday 5 February 2012

A sunday in Feb. -5th

I spy…
sometimes it used to be car types.  I always lost.  I've never been able to tell one make from another!
 On those long journeys to get to the seaside, once we had risen to the dizzy heights of car-ownership, there arose the problem of keeping us children entertained.  Trains were different. Lots of ways to write, read, play cards or board games.  Once we travelled by car there was the problem of car sickness.  Just not possible to read; so I spy in any form was a great  entertainer.  Of course there was also singing and those wonderful books where you watched out for everything from road signs to animals to makes of car!

Just thinking
Coal for the fire.  Black  and very ancient.  I watch the flame brightly burning.   I wonder what kind of tree had grown and been compressed.  Perhaps it was the time of the dinosaurs.   Maybe it was earlier when only flora flourished.  The warmth surrounds me.  The coal turns into ash.  Tomorrow I will return this dust  to  earth in which it once grew.

Tree

Plants sometimes move.  Under fences perhaps, like lily of the valley.  Trees may also move.  Maybe  it is just that over time roots and weather pull it one way or another.  Certainly each tree has character.  This one certainly has and it looks as if it is on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment